The H&M Loves Music series is coming to Hong Kong on Wednesday, July 15th. The headliners include alternative R&B singer Blood Orange, L.A. girl beatmaker TOKiMONSTA, and local DJ crew The Living Discoheads.
The party starts at 9pm, and takes place at the legendary Hidden Agenda Live House in the Ngau Tau Kok neighborhood of Kowloon.
The line-up for the night is diverse, with an indie edge.
Blood Orange creates retro 80’s soul songs in the slow to medium tempo range. His jams have an almost Prince-like quality. For contemporary music heads, Blood Orange is like a downtempo version of Chromeo, somewhere on the fence between R&B and Indie. This type of retro, alternative sound has been widely embraced by hipster audiences over the last few years. Have a listen to his song Chamakay below.
California native TOKiMONSTA is a female beatmaker who creates elaborate sample-based music. Her songs range from Electronic orchestrations to danceable Trip Hop. A standout that we like, is her song “Steal My Attention,” which is more upbeat.
The three-member Living Discoheads are party rockers who play everything from Canto-classics to contemporary underground dance music. Group member Tedman Lee is also the lead singer of the band Ni.Ne.Mo.
Hidden Agenda is the rare gritty Rock club in Hong Kong. Located in an industrial area, it’s a short walk from the MTR, and a fun venue for a party.
How to win tickets to the H&M Loves Music Hong Kong party?
You need to enter the contest first via Facebook! 100 winners will receive 2 tickets each.
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Go to H&M’s page at www.facebook.com/hm.
3. ‘LIKE’ the H&M page, then scroll down until you see the post about H&M Loves Music Hong Kong in Chinese and English and read the details.
4. Next, follow this link and fill out the form that asks you to pick your favorite artist performing on July 15th (Blood Orange or TOKiMONSTA.)
5. List the song you want them to play, (we like ‘Chamakay’ by Blood Orange, and ‘Steal My Attention’ by TOKiMONSTA,) and describe WHY you want to see it performed live.
You can read more about the rules here. For those concerned about privacy, the contest states: “Other than announcing the names of the winners, H&M shall not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by H&M to fulfill the above purposes.”
Good luck! 🙂
H&M LOVES MUSIC Hong Kong
Wednesday, July 15th, 2015
From 9pm to midnight
2A, Winful Industrial Building
15-17 Tai Yip Street
Ngau Tau Kok, Kowloon
(Take Exit B6 at Ngau Tau Kok MTR Station)